Website Olam Nigeria Limited
Olam Nigeria Limited is a company located in Lagos state, and is a subsidiary of Farm Support Services Industry, with over 3,000 employees and generates $222.01 million revenue in sales (USD).
We are currently recruiting candidates to fill the listed position :
Job Title : Miller
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Function: MATS
- You are responsible for the efficiency of daily milling activities to ensure milling operations are duly optimized. The primary activities of this position include the operation of the milling process, assigning reactive and proactive milling maintenance services, troubleshooting any issues with the milling operation and ensuring that the final product output is of quality.
- Your role also includes operations like repairing, day planning, procuring needed milling materials, controlling inventory of spare parts for purifiers, rolls, sifters and other related milling equipment.
- Responsible for carrying out hands-on training for our new and existing millers, ensuring best practice at work and performing routine work quality checks. Also a business acumen and good understanding of costs which would ensure profitability is needed for the position.
- Ensuring all areas of the company operate efficiently within the agreed financial budgets.
- Purchasing of all materials needed in maintaining efficient production – also ensuring the availability and cost-effectiveness of the company’s purchase process.
- Tasked with the Handling and packaging of feed products for animal and aqua feed.
- Controlling and monitoring stock levels of our raw materials and finished products.
- Ensuring timely and efficient response to volume requirements and product specifications
- Maintaining and monitoring the company’s production so as to ensure it meets or exceeds set targets
- Implementing environmental safety guidelines at work place – ensuring the health and safety of all workers within the current legislation and company guidelines.
- Regularly monitoring the every operations. Holding regular safety meetings as you are the site committee’s chairman.
- Implementing proper employee awareness of the applicable safe working practices and making them realize their role in maintaining the set standards
- Ensuring the yard areas and perimeter are properly maintained.
- Liaising with other managers to ensure the safekeeping of every company financial instruments and agreements.
- Coordinate and liaising with other managers to identify the training needs for the company’s personnel.
- Exhibiting a non-rigid working approach, and also exploring new possibilities.
- Candidate should have previous experience in production, milling operations role, and must have independently managed large operations
- Good man-management skills and should have the ability to lead a diversified team.
- Communicating with all departments of the organization and also with external agencies.
- Must have good multitasking skill.